No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario + Rabbids lead developer Davide Soliani is leaving Ubisoft after 25 years.

Soliani spent 11 years working on the two Mario + Rabbids games, released on Switch in 2017 and 2022 in conjunction with Nintendo. The developer is yet to reveal what he'll be working on next, beyond embarking on "a new adventure".

"Hi all folks. After 25 years, 11 of which beautifully spent working with Nintendo on Mario+Rabbids along the company of our incredible community of players, I have decided to leave Ubisoft to embark on a new adventure," he wrote on social media site X. "I can't say more now. Thanks a lot for everything, truly."

Read more

More...

Comment

• The remaster of 2011 action-adventure Shadows of the Damned is set to release this Halloween.

Developer Grasshopper Manufacture announced the remaster last year, which will release across PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. It's a cult-classic demon-shooting game written by Suda 51 (Killer 7) and produced by Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil).

News of the release date - and live pre-orders - was included in a new trailer filled with gore and screams. I'm not joking, you might want headphones for this one.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Close your eyes and imagine a game trailer and tell me how it begins. Something happens at the very beginning before anything else - before you see anything of the game. There's a logo and a voice, and it's deep and posh and English. The words it says are iconic. "PEGI 18," you hear. Or maybe "PEGI 16" or "PEGI 12". It's such a well known phrase that when a man called Richard Wells popped up on TikTok to claim he was the one who said them - and then proved it by saying them - more than 20 million people watched. They left comments saying it gave them goosebumps and that those words represented their childhood, which is a bit worrying given the "18" part. But the overwhelming response proved without a shadow of a doubt that for millions of people, PEGI age ratings are ingrained in our collective gaming mind.
        PEGI stands for the Pan-European Game Information age-rating system, and it's been the way we rate games in the UK and across most of Europe for more than a decade. The PEGI age-ratings have actually been around for longer - for 21 years - but it wasn't until 2012 they became the sole age-rating system for games in the UK. The BBFC - the British Board of Film Classification - rated games before that. We're very familiar with PEGI age-ratings as numbers on a box, then, and as a voice in our ears. But how much do we actually know about who's running it - the people there? In all of the years I've done this job, I've never met anyone from PEGI, I realise. To me, it's a faceless organisation, and a serious one - the health and safety department of the games industry.
        That's why I'm caught off guard when two people approach me in a hotel lobby and would you believe it, they look completely normal. They're not wearing suits or fluorescent hi-vis vests but are instead casually dressed in red and black hoodies. "Bertie?" they ask, with an expectant smile. I'd arranged to meet PEGI people here but I've been standing here for 10 minutes, staring, with no idea it was them.
        Read more

More...

Comment

• Nintendo has formally revoked the Splatoon 3 World Championship 2024 winning team's title after racist messages sent by several of its members surfaced online.

This year's Splatoon 3 World Championship was held in April, with six teams competing for the crown. North American team Jackpot was eventually named the winner, but the four-person group became embroiled in controversy this June, after Discord and social media chats showing some of its members engaging in racist behaviour began circulating on social media.

And now, roughly six weeks later, Nintendo has officially rescinded Jackpot's winning title, albeit without explicitly specifying the reason behind its decision.

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 24/7/24 3pm UK: Humble Games has denied using AI to write yesterday's statement that characterised the reported layoffs of the brand's entire staff as a "restructuring".

Responding to a series of follow-up questions from Eurogamer, a Humble Games spokesperson declined to confirm details provided earlier by former Humble Bundle creative lead Chris Radley, reported below, that the changes amounted to the Humble Games brand winding down its work for good, with a third-party firm brought in temporarily to handle any leftover work.

"Humble Games operations will continue as per the statement," the spokesperson said, when asked whether any new titles might still be signed in future.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Amid of swirl of rumours suggesting Microsoft was prepping more Call of Duty for an imminent Xbox Game Pass release, the company has confirmed last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will join on its subscription service this Wednesday, 24th July.

As per Microsoft's announcement, Game Pass subscribers will have access to all Modern Warfare 3 modes, meaning its single-player campaign, multiplayer, and open-world Zombies.

Modern Warfare 3 is only the second Activision Blizzard title to hit Game Pass since Microsoft's $69bn acquisition of the company last year, with Diablo 4 having launched for the subscription service back in March. It's not the only announced Activision title for Game Pass, of course; this year's Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 will be available to subscribers when it arrives on 24th October.

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 5.30pm UK: Roblox has responded further to Bloomberg's article, and has now said the report fails to properly contextualise the scale of the game's issues with player safety versus the size of its platform.
                "A recent article contained glaring mischaracterisations about how we protect users of all ages on the platform and failed to reflect both the complexities of online child safety and the realities of the overwhelmingly positive experiences that tens of millions of people of all ages have on Roblox every single day," a Roblox spokesperson said in a statement to Eurogamer, providing a link to a lengthy blog post by the company's chief safety officer Matt Kaufman.
                ORIGINAL STORY 4.30pm UK:
                Roblox's record on child safety has come under fire yet again, this time in a damning new Bloomberg report that details the scale of the issue faced by the game's developers, who are unable to keep all of its young players safe.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Helldivers 2 will receive its biggest update yet in August, bringing higher difficulty, greater mission variety, and more.

Escalation of Freedom is the name of the update, which will arrive on 6th August. Details have been provided on the PlayStation Blog from social media and community manager at developer Arrowhead, Katherine Baskin.

The update will also add new enemy types, including a favourite from the first game, and will make steps to mitigate the problem of grief kicking.

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 3.45pm UK: Last night's quartet of leaked Lego Fortnite sets have now been made available to pre-order.

In addition to the previously-revealed US and European pricing, Lego now lists UK pricing for the Battle Bus (£90), Peely Bone (£90), Supply Llama (£35) and Durrr Burger (£13) sets.
                    Minifigures included with the Battle Bus include Jonesy (Battalion Brawler), Brite Bomber, Adventure Peely and other fan-favourites such as Drift, Raven, Cuddle Team Leader and everyone's favourite swole cat Meowscles. Deeper cuts from Fortnite lore are also in the set - such as the villainous Cube Assassin and Trespasser Elite. (No Fishstick? I guess Lego is saving him for Wave 2.)
                    Read more

More...

Comment

• As players continue to struggle with the final boss of Elden Ring DLC Shadow of the Erdtree, one savvy Twitch streamer has destroyed the boss in just one hit.

To be honest, this was only a matter of time. While reactions to the DLC initially focused on its high difficulty - particularly the final boss - players have slowly found various methods of getting through the encounter. And this might be the most impressive (and convoluted) yet.

Spoilers follow.

Read more

More...

Comment

• The development team behind Assassin's Creed Shadows has apologised for elements in the game's marketing campaign so far that have jarred with some Japanese fans - and said the game will "keep evolving" as it heads towards launch in November.

Ubisoft's statement, released via social media today in both English and Japanese, is fairly unspecific about what exactly it is apologising for - other than noting that "some elements in our promotional materials have caused concern within the Japanese community".

Earlier this month, Ubisoft apologised for artwork featured in the game's Collector's Edition that included the logo of a modern day re-enactment group.

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 12pm UK: Fortnite has now formally detailed how players can get their hands on the Cybertruck, and as suspected (below) the vehicle has ultimately been revealed as a free reward.

Players can add the Cybertruck to their in-game garage without paying Elon Musk a penny by completing a series of in-game quests between now and 7th August. The vehicle will also be available in Rocket League via a similar manner, and is a cross-game unlock.

ORIGINAL STORY 11am UK:
                          Reaction to yesterday's reveal of the Tesla Cybertruck in Fortnite has been swift from players and Epic Games' own developers alike.

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 26/07/24: Following a brief delay, Baldur's Gate 3's Patch 7 Closed Beta is now live on Steam. Or, to put it in Larian's words, the "dice are now rolling".
                            The developer has asked that players check their Steam libraries if they have been randomly selected to take part. They can download the playtest from there.
                            The original story continues below.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Between WarioWare, NES Remix and Nintendo World Championship: NES Edition, Nintendo has a real thing for chopping its games into pieces. Tiny pieces, quite often. When it comes to Nintendo World Championships, the unwieldy name is easily the lengthiest single thing about it. For the rest of the game, it's, what, 10 seconds, 50 at a push? This is Nintendo doing TikTok, Nintendo in the editing suite. And it's fascinating.
                              Nintendo World Championship is all about speedrunning. The game takes 13 old Nintendo classics and slices them down to form around 150 one-shot challenges. So Super Mario Bros, for example, has a challenge about getting a mushroom, a challenge about collecting all the coins in an underground section, a challenge about beating 1-1 as fast as you can. Ice Climber has challenges about reaching certain floors. The original Legend of Zelda has challenges about entering that cave and grabbing the sword and challenges about defeating enemies as quickly as possible. Metroid...
                              Two things are obvious. Firstly, I think the shorter challenges are by far the best. Maybe it's all those years of playing WarioWare, but when Nintendo World Championship gives you something that will take you 30 seconds - say a jump challenge through a Metroid passageway - my attention starts to wander. It's not that I can't handle 30 seconds of doing one thing - my ability to focus hasn't atrophied that much quite yet - it's more that the game sort of primes me for very quick things, so when I'm asked to do moderately quick things, everything drags.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• Amid its push toward mobile and free-to-play titles and away from the "volatile" AAA space, Warner Bros. has announced the acquisition of MultiVersus developer Player First Games.

MultiVersus - which has had an unusual, sometimes controversial development journey since the start of its open beta back in 2022 - is Player First Games' debut title. It finally got its full free-to-play release this May after disappearing for over a year, and while its current player numbers don't appear to be anywhere near those seen during the height of its open beta popularity, Warner Bros. is clearly happy enough to acquire the studio behind it.

Full details of the purchase haven't been disclosed, but Warner Bros. confirmed (via IGN) Player First Games' co-founders Tony Huynh and Chris White will continue to lead the studio.

Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X