No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developer NetherRealm has pulled the plug on its free-to-play mobile game Mortal Kombat: Onslaught, just days after the studio reportedly laid off its entire mobile team.

Mortal Kombat: Onslaught, a character-collecting RPG featuring faces from across the fighting series, was announced in October 2022 and arrived almost exactly one year later. It promised a "mobile-exclusive" story and "massive real-time group battles" for up to ten fighters.

Nine months on, however, and Onslaught is officially shutting down. NetherRealm announced the news on Twitter/X, writing, "We are sorry to inform you that Mortal Kombat: Onslaught will close its operations in October. It has been an honour creating this game for our Kommunity, and we appreciate the enthusiasm from our fans."

Read more

More...

Comment

• UPDATE 23/07/24 10:28am: Intel has responded to the controversy surrounding instabilities in its 13th and 14th generation Core processors. Here's the statement and a proposed resolution, but reports suggest the root cause of the problem has yet to be determined, nor has Intel offered any guidance on how to mitigate potential damage in the short term before the revised BIOS updates set to hit a few weeks from now. The statement reads:
      "Based on extensive analysis of Intel Core 13th/14th Gen desktop processors returned to us due to instability issues, we have determined that elevated operating voltage is causing instability issues in some 13th/14th Gen desktop processors. Our analysis of returned processors confirms that the elevated operating voltage is stemming from a microcode algorithm resulting in incorrect voltage requests to the processor.
      "Intel is delivering a microcode patch which addresses the root cause of exposure to elevated voltages. We are continuing validation to ensure that scenarios of instability reported to Intel regarding its Core 13th/14th Gen desktop processors are addressed. Intel is currently targeting mid-August for patch release to partners following full validation.
      Read more

More...

Comment

• The Tesla Cybertruck is set to make its official video game debut tomorrow, in Fortnite.

Many other games have featured Elon Musk's wheels before - but only via unofficial mods. The Cybertruck has been added by fans into Cyberpunk 2077, Rocket League, GoldenEye 007, and even Minecraft.

Now, it's set to be ownable in a video game for real - years after memes spread online suggesting the Cybertruck looked like a PlayStation 1-era vehicle.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Twitch has reinstated former President Donald Trump's account, following a permanent ban in 2021 following the storming of the US Capitol building.

It's unclear if this was specifically requested by the Trump campaign team. Eurogamer was provided the following statement from a Twitch spokesperson:

"We reinstated former President Trump's Twitch channel," it reads. "We believe there is value in hearing from Presidential nominees directly, when possible. Trump is now the official Republican nominee for US president."

Read more

More...

Comment

• One of my favourite things in games is when the world wraps around. It's a simple kind of magic, and it's been there since the bright, fizzing days of the arcades, and yet I never even come close to getting tired of it. You race all the way to the right of the screen, and then - wow! - you're suddenly back at the very left. You run all the way to the top, and with one final push you find yourself back at the bottom.
            Arranger: A Role-Puzzling Adventure is even more in love with this than I am. It's wraparound screens: the video game. Arranger tells the story of Jemma, a misfit trying to escape from a culture of cheerful stagnation. She leaves her home town and moves across the wider world trying to put right what has gone wrong and, in doing so, find a place for herself. All great. But she does this by manipulating a grid system of movement which means that if she moves off the top of every column she will appear back at the bottom, and if she moves off the right of every row - well, you get the idea.
            There's more, of course. Each row or column Jemma is in moves as she does, which means that anything on the row or column moves along with her. This is a puzzle game, and this stuff forms the heart of the puzzles. Most objects just come along with Jemma, wrapping merrily around as she does. But some, lined in purple, are either locked in place, which means they don't move at all, or will move but won't wrap: they'll snag on the edges and freeze the whole line.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Stardew Valley creator Eric "ConcernedApe" Barone has said he'll "never" charge money for a DLC or update "for as long as I live".

Earlier today, the developer posted on social media site X to say console and mobile ports of the Stardew Valley 1.6 update are "still in progress", following the PC release back in March.

"The ports and next PC update are still in progress," said Barone. "I know it is taking a long time, it's on my mind every minute. I have personally been working on the mobile port every day. I will announce when there is any meaningful news (eg. a release date). Hope you're having a good summer."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Tales publisher Bandai Namco is yet to announce Tales of Xillia Remastered, but the game has popped up on a slew of online retailers.

Eastern European online stores JRC, Smarty and Brloh all briefly hosted listings for the game, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, as spotted by fans on reddit. These listings have now been removed.

Each image featured new boxart, with the same "Remastered" text design as the recent Tales of Symphonia Remastered. Eurogamer has contacted Bandai Namco for comment.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Netflix currently has over 80 games in development, with plans to release a game a month to its subscribers from this month onwards in its Netflix Stories section.

In its latest earnings call, Netflix's co-CEO, president and director Gregory K Peters discussed the company's plans for gaming and how it will achieve growth.

Where the company is moving quickest is with interactive narrative games, which Peters describes as "easier to build". These are placed in the Netflix Stories narrative hub and it's here the company will be launching a new game each month based on popular series like Emily in Paris and Selling Sunset.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Outspoken former Capcom director Hideki Kamiya has said he feels a "duty" to develop sequels to cult classics Okami and Viewtiful Joe in order to finish off their respective stories.

In his latest video with fellow Capcom alum Ikumi Nakamura, Kamiya asks Capcom again for the ability to return to his former franchises.

"Creators have the duty to create sequels fans are wanting to see," Kamiya said. "Although I sound all high and mighty, it's been a while since I've moved on from Okami. But I still feel like I haven't fulfilled my duty. So Capcom-san, please, let's do it together.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Hey all, sorry for the lack of VR Corner blogs here on Eurogamer these last few of weeks. It's been rather hectic in video land recently and I also had a few days off here and there (selfish, I know) which made it hard to find time to put together site posts. I haven't been so slack over on the YouTube channel though, so here's a little rundown of the previous three weeks worth of VR coverage.
                      It's been a long time since a PSVR2 review code has appeared in my inbox but, two weeks ago, I was able to check out the first-person, tower defence VR game Captain Toonhead vs The Punks From Outer Space.

Developed by Columbian studio Teravision Games, the team behind the recently released Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game, Captain Toonhead is a much more family friendly video game that features a light-hearted storyline and a nice VR twist on the old tower defence formula.
                      Read more

More...

Comment

• More Marvel vs Capcom games could be on the way, following the forthcoming Marvel vs. Capcom: Fighting Collection Arcade Classics announced at last month's Nintendo Direct.

Speaking to Dexerto, the collection's producer Shuhei Matsumoto discussed the future of the franchise.

"The development team at Capcom has big dreams," he said. "Maybe there is an opportunity for a new Marvel vs Capcom game. Maybe there is an opportunity for a new Capcom-based SNK game."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Publishers hoping to launch the world's next big live service game often give up on projects too soon, the boss of Warframe developer Digital Extremes has said.

Live service games with so-so launches could still be salvaged with more work, Digital Extreme's Steve Sinclair told VGC, rather than moving on and ditching years of progress.

"They think the release is make or break, and it's not. They have a financial way to be persistent, and they never do it," Sinclair said. "It comes out, doesn't work and they throw it away."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Heihachi Mishima, antagonist of the Tekken series, is set to make a return to the series in Tekken 8 this autumn.

Heihachi's reveal was announced at this year's Evo fighting game esports event in a new trailer, along with a new story mode chapter called The Dark Awakens.

He'll be the third DLC character added to the game since its release earlier this year, following Eddy Gordo and Lidia Sobieska.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Homeworld 3 developers Blackbird Interactive proved both their design chops and their love of the Homeworld franchise by creating Deserts of Kharak in 2016, a game that started out as a cheeky unauthorised take on the Homeworld space strategy formula on dry land and ended up a critically-acclaimed official part of the series with the blessing of new brand IP owner Gearbox. Eight years later, with the even more successful Hardspace: Shipbreaker in the books and a successful crowd-funding campaign, the third mainline Homeworld 3 game is finally here.
                              Given that long history and a protracted development with several delays, it's perhaps no surprise that HW3 is a flawed but deeply fascinating game - one that successfully recreates the satisfying 3D ship battlescapes and impeccable space vibes of its genre-defining predecessors, only to be somewhat let down by an inexpertly told story and some mechanical stumblings.
                              Let's start with the good stuff: the collection of missions that make up the 10-hour campaign are varied and fun, starting with simple skirmishes amongst basic strikecraft and concluding with massive fleet battles against well-equipped enemies. Along the way, you'll escape natural phenomena, skulk around searching patrols and navigate within and along massive megalithic structures. Your fleet persists from one mission to the next, so there are clear incentives for keeping your best units alive and capturing the ships of your foes whenever possible. Each unit has an upgradeable ability to make it better in certain scenarios, and tends to excel against one unit type while failing against others, encouraging mixed fleets.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• Sega has unveiled an additional pre-order sweetener for Sonic fans who pre-order the physical edition of Sonic X Shadow Generations.
                                "By popular demand", all physical pre-orders of Sonic X Shadow will include a reversible cover that allows you to switch to the Japanese cover art.
                                All players who pre-order Sonic X Shadow will also get a Legacy Skin for Modern Sonic, although the goodies you receive in each edition varies depending on the edition you're buying and whether it's physical or digital.
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X